WhatsApp marketing is a great way to engage with your customers. It allows you to reach out to them directly, and it gives you the ability to create a more personal relationship with them. However, WhatsApp messaging can be quite tricky to get right. It is a relatively new marketing strategy and companies often engage in a lot of trial and error before they get it right. To make it easy for you, we have created a list of the top 5 proven WhatsApp marketing strategies:
Integrate WhatsApp into your Customer Journey
Your customer journey is the path that your customers take as they engage with your brand, from awareness to purchase and beyond. It’s essential to think about how you can integrate WhatsApp into this customer journey to become a valuable touchpoint for your customers.
One way to do this is to use WhatsApp as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. You can use it to track customer inquiries, follow up on sales leads and even support existing customers. A number of CRM tools are available that integrate with WhatsApp, such as Hubspot, Zoho and Freshsales.
Another way to integrate WhatsApp into your customer journey is to use it as a sales tool. You can use it to send out product information, special offers and promotions to your customers. You can also use it to take orders and payments. Several e-commerce platforms integrate with WhatsApp, such as Shopify and WooCommerce.
Finally, you can use WhatsApp as a customer service tool. You can use it to resolve customer queries and complaints quickly and efficiently. You can also use it to provide updates on order status and delivery. Many customer service platforms integrate with WhatsApp, such as Zendesk.
Perfect Your WhatsApp Customer Service Strategy
The best way to provide excellent customer service is to be available 24/7. This is where WhatsApp can come in handy. You can use it to build a customer service team available around the clock to respond to customer inquiries and complaints.
You need to bear in mind a few things when using WhatsApp for customer service.
- Firstly, you need to ensure that your team is properly trained and equipped to deal with customer inquiries.
- Secondly, you need to set up some strict guidelines and procedures for dealing with customer inquiries so that your team can handle them efficiently and effectively.
- Finally, you need to ensure that your team has the right tools and resources to do their job correctly.
One of the best ways to set up a customer service team on WhatsApp is to use a chatbot. Chatbots are computer programs that can simulate human conversation. You can use them to automate customer service tasks such as answering frequently asked questions, resolving simple customer queries and even taking orders and payments. Many chatbots integrate with WhatsApp, such as ManyChat and Chatfuel.
Keep Your Messages Relevant and Targeted
Your customers will appreciate getting messages that are relevant to them. You can create a brand persona to help you understand how to speak to your customers on WhatsApp. This is a semi-fictional character that represents your ideal customer. Your brand persona should take into account factors such as demographics, behaviour, needs and interests. You can segment your audience in a number of ways.
- By demographics, such as age, gender, location and interests.
- By behaviour, such as customer lifecycle stage, purchase history and engagement level.
Think about how your brand persona would use WhatsApp and what kind of messages they would appreciate receiving. WhatsApp is a personal communication platform, meaning messages should be private and targeted. The best way to do this is to use the first-person singular pronoun “I” when addressing your customers. This will make your messages sound more personal and less like marketing material.
Use Rich Media to Make Your Messages More Engaging
WhatsApp allows you to send various types of media, such as text, images, video, audio and even location. Such use of media can make your messages more engaging and exciting.
Here are a few ideas for using rich media in your WhatsApp messages:
- Send images to give customers a sneak preview of new products or services.
- Use video to show customers how to use your products or services.
- Share audio files to provide customers with information about upcoming events or promotions.
- Use location-sharing to help customers find your store or office.
Keep Experimenting with Different Features
There are a number of creative ways that you can use WhatsApp for marketing. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Send surveys to learn more about your customers.
- Use WhatsApp groups to create communities around your brand.
- Use WhatsApp broadcast lists to send timely updates and offers to your customers.
- Use WhatsApp stickers to add a fun and personal touch to your messages.
- Use WhatsApp web to create an interactive customer service experience.
- Use WhatsApp Business to create a professional brand presence on WhatsApp.
While using different features, try to keep track of the results so that you can analyse what works best for your business. Also, do not overdo it, as this might lead to customers unsubscribing from your messages. Tools such as WhatsApp Bulk Sender such as Wati can help you track your results.
The bottom line is that WhatsApp can be an excellent platform for customer service, but you need to put in the effort to make it work for your business. With the right approach, you can use WhatsApp to improve customer satisfaction, increase sales and even create loyalty among your customer base.
Start by thinking about how you can use WhatsApp to meet your customer’s needs, and then experiment with different features and tools to find what works best for your business. And don’t forget to keep an eye on the latest WhatsApp updates – there are always new features and capabilities being added that you can take advantage of.