Because of our mobile phones, we all have great cameras in our pockets these days. However, better equipment is still required to capture the best adventure photos.
Are you heading to the mountains or rafting? In this article, we’d like to introduce you to some of the best GoPro cameras so you can return home with excellent image quality. They’re specifically designed for sports activities and other types of excursion shots.
This camera is the most powerful GoPro camera with ultra-sharp 5.3K video resolution and 19.6-megapixel frame grabs. The following main features ascertain that you don’t miss any moment:
- Waterproof up to 33ft
- Comes with an advanced stabilization mechanism known as HyperSmooth 4.0
- Captures next-level time-lapses with TimeWarp 3.0 + Night Lapse
- Good Capture next-level time-lapses with TimeWarp 3.0 + Night Lapse
- Increased horizon leveling from 27° to 45°
- Eight times slow-motion at a 2.7K resolution
- Smooth playback on the front LCD
- Responsive rear touch screen
- Hindsight captures up to 30 seconds before the record button is hit
- LiveBurst records 45 frames in 1.5 seconds before and after the shot
- Set the time to record with Scheduled Capture and select the length of time you want to record Duration Capture.
Hero10 Black has a special creator edition that smooths the content creation processes, including vlogging, filmmaking, and live streaming. It’s a pro-camera with 5.3K video, enhanced audio, and powerful LED lighting.
Compared to the regular version, it has an extended battery power with a capacity of 4 hours of 4K recording per charge. Integrated buttons simplify single-handed control. Thanks to the wireless remote, it’s possible to control the camera up to 98ft away.
The enhanced audio feature allows you to prioritize audio in front of the camera or behind it. As a result, your movie’s dialogues are clear. It’s also possible to reduce wind effects.
The integrated Led light includes a diffuser making your footage extremely professional.
Hero10 Black Bones
This camera is particularly recommended for drone shoots, including First Person View (FPV). The same image sensor and processor of the Hero10 Black are used to keep the great lightning-fast and jaw-dropping imagery performances. In short, it has everything Hero10 Black camera offers.
The main difference is its slim and well-ventilated enclosure that’s suitable to attach to your drones and makes excellent videos and images on the fly. The result is an ultra-lightweight (54g) camera that is a perfect tool for FPV drones.
The unique feature ReelSteady enables an advanced stabilization that even goes beyond that of Hero10 Black to deliver the smooth footage performance a drone shooting requires. Thanks to video metadata (GPMF), quality is assured for every shot.
It also comes with a desktop app, and there are multiple ways to control your camera through onboard buttons control, remote control, QR codes, drone transmitter, and Quik App (see below for more information).
The following FPV Modes are available:
- 3K Wide 60/50/24p
- 3K SuperView 60/30/24
- 5K (4:3) Wide 30/25
- 4K Wide 120/100
- 4K (4:3) Wide 60/50/30/25
- 7K (4:3) Wide 120/100
- 7K Wide 240/200
Would you like to create your outdoor shots with three cameras simultaneously? GoPro’s Max makes it possible. This special equipment has the most versatile 360-degree camera that combines three components: unreal spherical footage, the video and photo style of the Hero10 cameras, and a vlogging powerhouse.
- Thanks to 360-degree features, you can create great panoramic footage in 6K. PowerPano feature makes 270° panoramic shots.
- Max TimeWarp feature creates ultra-smooth 360 timelapse.
- The stereo audio quality is assured via six different mics.
- There are four digital lenses with varying degrees of width shot. These include narrow, linear, wide, and also the widest version for the panoramic shots: Max SuperView.
- It’s waterproof up to 16ft.
- Twelve voice commands let you call your shots.
- Vertical shooting
- Short clip ability with 15-30 seconds clips
- On-screen shortcuts
- Share moments in 1080p with live streaming.
What’s GoPro Subscription?
Did you know that you can access extra benefits if you own a GoPro camera with GoPro Subscription? This is a cloud service, and at the time of writing, it costs $49.99 per year.
Thanks to GoPro Subscription, you can automatically upload footage from your camera to the cloud at 100% quality. Moreover, there’s unlimited cloud backup. You can also edit your footage and share your videos and images with others in a practical way.
There are three ways to access the cloud:
- You can automatically upload footage to the cloud when your camera is charging. This is a huge time-saver.
- There’s a wireless connection to the Quik app.
- USB wired connection.
The annual subscription plan also gives you access to special discounts on website purchases. At the moment, you can benefit from 50% discounts on mods, mounts, battery cases, and lifestyle gear.
The GoPro Subscription also includes unlimited access to Quik App. This application allows you to
- store your best shots in one spot, and don’t lose track of them
- import photos and videos from your phone or camera
- simple editing tools to trim, color, and crop easily
- choose from a variety of filters
- change video speed with the touch of a finger
In and Out of the Water
So why go with GoPro cameras? Because they’re not only waterproof but also lightweight. You can attach a GoPro camera to your clothes or other gear, continue focusing on the environment and the activity, and let your camera take the best shot. There’s also a high standard of stabilization which prevents the images from shaking.
All in all, the robustness of these cameras lets you enjoy the beauties and challenges every season brings.